Blizzard has officially announced that their newest hero who is a support character will be Torbjörn’s daughter Brigitte Lindholm! This comes after a developer’s update and introducing her to the Overwatch PTR.
Brigitte is classified as a support character, but has a few elements like a Reinhardt shield and some melee attacks that bring her into a new form of a support hero. Her abilities can be found below:
- Rocket Flail – Melee weapon with extended range.
- ‘Ultimate’ Rally – Move faster and provide armor to nearby allies. (10 second duration)
- Repair Pack – Heal an ally. Any healing over maximum health provides armor instead. (6 second cooldown)
- Whip Shot – Launch your flail forward to knock an enemy away from you. (4 second cooldown)
- Barrier Shield – Hold to deploy a frontal energy barrier.
- Shield Bash – Available when Barrier Shield is deployed. Dash forward to knockback and stun an enemy. (5 second cooldown)
- ‘Passive’ Inspire – Striking enemies with your flail heals nearby allies.
Brigitte’s health and armor is at 250, while her shield stands a 600.
Developer Update & Origin Story
Blizzard put out two new videos on YouTube for the Developer Update Announcement alongside Brigitte’s origin story! View them below:
Testing Her Out
As a support character, she provides adequate amounts of shield and healing, and she has some fantastic protection abilities like Reinhardt. Her melee and attacks are either in your face or from afar, and provide her with movement to get out of a fight and back to her team. While her mobility might not be as fast as Zenyatta or Mercy, she can protect herself and others in a fight while still healing them. So far, she’s a good balance between a tank and a healer.
At the moment Blizzard is only putting Brigitte on the Overwatch PTR server, so get on there and try her out before she’s officially added to the game!