Nintendo just dropped a huge bomb during their E3 panel, including tons of new details for Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo Switch, including an official title, release date, and all character information.
Super Smash Bros. has been one of the hugest compilation games that Nintendo has ever made, and now they’re going above and beyond for the Nintendo Switch version. Not only is the game titled Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but it will include every character from throughout the series, along with re-works for the characters, map updates, and adding a couple new people to the roster.
A few headliners for the character roster include:
- Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 Costumes
- Cappy from Mario Odyssey returns on Mario as a Costume
- Link can have his Breath of the Wild Champions Tunic
- Female Pikachu
- Zelda is now A Link Between Worlds styled
- Daisy approaches as Peach’s Echo Fighter
- Characters will unlock throughout the game
- Ridley is added as a new playable character
Aside from character changes, Nintendo also announced that:
- Maps will be upgraded in graphics
- New maps will be added (like Great Plateau Tower)
- 8-Player Fights Return
- Compatible GameCube Controller is available
- All current Super Smash Bros. Amiibos are compatible, alongside Amiibos from other series
All of this comes available when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate releases on December 7th 2018 exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
We’ll keep you informed as new details come out for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, especially on the GameCube controller for the Switch!