Bethesda treated fans to many tidbits of juicy info and epic gameplay videos at QuakeCon 2018 keynote on Friday. This is QuakeCon’s 23rd annual event that showcases many of their games already released and those to be released later this year. At the event, attendees can attend all the discussions and even participate in several eSports events, of which, QuakeCon was the first event of its kind.
This was the first year that Bethesda streamed the keynote on their site, TwitchTV, and on YouTube.
Some of the competitions going on during the 4-day event:
- The Elder Scrolls Legends Masters Series competition which the finals were streamed on TwitchTV.
- There is a Quake 2v2 Quake Champions competition including a $175,000 prize pool.
- On Saturday, there is a Quake 1v1 Duel Showdown competition with a $25,000 grand prize.
Some of the game highlights are as follows:
- Rage 2 will be out in spring 2019 by Avalanche Studios and Id Games.
- A new expansion deck for The Elder Scrolls Legends titled Isles of Madness based in Shegorath’s realm. The game will be coming to console something this year as well.
- Quake Champions is now FREE to play and with a new boss to kill is the Death Knight. Players can watch a fun historical video of Quake’s evolution.
- Some of the announcements included the early sign-up for The Elder Scrolls Blades, a free mobile game coming out later this year.
- Fallout 76 is coming out as a brand-new Fallout game entirely online where every survivor is another real player. If you pre-order the game at Bethesda’s site you will be eligible for beta access.
- Bethesda announced the acquisition of Escalation Studios (now known as Bethesda Game Studio-Dallas) who are developing Fallout 76.
- All of Bethesda’s titles are up to 75% off anywhere you buy their games. There’s even a sale of Crowns on Steam for those who play The Elder Scrolls Online.
- Bethesda will be releasing for PC\Mac on Monday, August 13th the newest DLC for The Elder Scrolls Online titled Wolfhunter. The version for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be released August 28th. You can view their new gameplay video here.
- This fall, a more in-depth look into the Argonians will be released in a DLC-sized zone titled Murkmire based in the Black Marsh zone.
- ESO Plus is going to be updated in the fourth quarter with monthly loyalty rewards and increased crowns per month.
- The biggest reveal was the Doom Eternal gameplay video. They’re not just building a game, but an entire Doom universe.
To watch QuakeCon’s keynote address in its entirety, you can view it here on YouTube.