Red Dead Online, the online mode for Red Dead Redemption 2, launches this morning at 8:30 AM Eastern. More players can join into the game over the next few days until November 30, when all players can join in.
Saddle up, pardners.
Yesterday, Rockstar released an announcement on the soon-to-be released Early Access for Red Dead Online:
Explore the world solo or with friends. Form or join a Posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your Camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges and much more.
However, the game won’t be available to everyone today. The release for Red Dead Online is staggered across a few days. The release dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
- Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
- Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
- Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Online is free on PS4 or Xbox One for anyone who has Red Dead Redemption 2. PlayStation 4 owners have access to some exclusive content. There’s still no word on an official PC release for the game.
Latest posts by Brian Renadette (see all)
- American Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime Retiring in April - February 22, 2019
- Yoshi Music Used in EPA Flash Game Without Permission - February 21, 2019
- Epic Games Sues Unofficial Fortnite Festival - February 20, 2019