February 15 is set to be a big day for gamers, games journalists, and various AAA studios. Four, technically five, big games are slated to release that day: Far Cry: New Dawn, Crackdown 3, Metro Exodus, Jump Force, and Anthem.
A five-way battle for attention.
According to PC Gamer, February 15 marks the official releases of four different games. It’ll be one of the biggest high-profile release days since October 27, 2017. That day marked the release of Super Mario Odyssey, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
In addition to the four game releasing on February 15, Anthem also technically releases that day. This is because of a staggered release schedule for the game. Like with Battlefield 5, Origin Access Premier members can play the game a week early. Other players get to play it on it’s actual launch day: February 22.
The big question many people might have about February 15 is: why? Most games make the majority of their sales in the first few weeks after release. With four/five AAA games releasing on the same day, the games will be battling for precious market share. Inevitably, one or more of these games will underperform. When that happens, they’ll get buried under the buzz and praise for the “winner” of that battle. It’s also strange since video games rarely see Friday releases, you can Visit Website for more info.
The five games releasing on February 15 are:
- Far Cry: New Dawn: The post-apocalyptic spin-off/sequel to Far Cry 5.
- Crackdown 3: A supercop sandbox game announced back in 2014. Includes a smoldering volcano and an evil megacorp.
- Metro Exodus: Another post-apocalyptic game, this time set in Russia. This game will be more open-world than previous iterations.
- Jump Force: A fighting game featuring characters from manga/anime franchises like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, and more. The game coincides with Shonen Jump’s 50th anniversary.
- Anthem: EA’s take on the PvE sci-fi shooter. It’s actually launching a week later, but some people will be getting it early, so coverage will also likely start that day.
Get your consoles of choice ready when February 15 sends out four/five new games.