After last night’s Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tournament ended, we got our first teaser for a new Dragon Ball Z video game. Currently titled Dragon Ball Game – Project Z, the game is set to be an action RPG retelling of the Z saga.
The legacy of Goku
Project Z was first teased a couple of weeks ago. In a tweet, Bandai Namco said:
In 2019, the project of a New Game focusing on the World of Dragon Ball Z begins! And more news coming to DRAGON BALL FighterZ! The Warrior from Universe 11 is joining the fight!
More information to be revealed at the DRAGON BALL FighterZ World Tour Finals January 26th ~ 27th! https://t.co/IFnJchTE4z
— BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment UK (@BandaiNamcoUK) January 16, 2019
Since it’s just a teaser trailer, there’s little concrete information to go on. However, here’s what we know so far:
- The game is releasing on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Japanese developer CyberConnect 2 is making the game with the Unreal engine. They previously worked on the Naruto Shippuden games, also for Bandai Namco.
- Players will take control of Goku and play through re-enactments of some of the anime’s iconic moments.
Project Z, or whatever it’s final title is, releases sometime this year. We’ll be sure to have more information on it in the future.
Latest posts by Brian Renadette (see all)
- American Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime Retiring in April - February 22, 2019
- Yoshi Music Used in EPA Flash Game Without Permission - February 21, 2019
- Epic Games Sues Unofficial Fortnite Festival - February 20, 2019