Just one more month remains for the Kickstarter of Unbound: Worlds Apart. It’s an indie platformer game being developed by Alien Pixel Studios.
According to their Kickstarter campaign, Alien Pixel Studios describes their newest game as an “atmospheric puzzle platformer.” Using your brain and multi-dimensional abilities, it’s up to you to help navigate your little wizard, Soli, through a treacherous landscape. By using magical portals, you’ll be able to change the landscape in order to safely make your way through deadly obstacles and around ferocious monsters.
During the annual celebration of The Guardian, the World of Vaiya is attacked by mysterious evil forces. A few wizards manage to escape the attack but the world is now corrupted and packed with malevolent creations. The only hope now relays on Soli, as the old wizards are now to weak to fight back. Seeking revenge, because he lost his dearest little brother in this unforgiving battle, Soli has to use all his powers and find the way to fight back the evil and restore the peace in the World.
- Explore the beauty and the danger of long forgotten hand crafted worlds through a dark fairy tale story. Unravel their secrets and their past through an extraordinary journey.
- A variety of magic portals that can help you to progress through the worlds and solve unique puzzles as they shape-shift creatures, reveal solutions or hurt you
- Decide your path, in a non-sequential level design of the worlds. Gather more knowledge about some puzzles that seems to be impossible at first and come back and apply what you learned.
- Encounter deadly monsters that lurk through the world preventing you to accomplish your mission.
- A reach and beautiful soundtrack will set an epic mood and a wonderful experience
There are numerous reward tiers for those who still wish to snag one. The Kickstarter page states that the funding period ends on June 6th if they reach their pledged goal of $25,000. As of writing this article, they are currently sitting at $10,908 which is nearly half of said goal. The finished game is due to be released sometime in May of 2020 on Steam, with a hope to also release on home consoles as well. Check out their Kickstarter page for more details, or their official website to get your hands on a demo. Also, you can view a gallery of screenshots, as well as the official trailer, below!